In this modern and technological era, competition has increased between organizations in every industry. This is why human resource management is important to all managers. The main role of human resource management in an Organization is to find unique talent (workforce) to compete and sustain themselves in the market. Diversity may become one of the hurdles in the process of hiring and retaining unique talent.
Human Resources are the people who compose the workforce of an organization. On the other hand, Employees are the most important resource of organizations and organizations invest their time and money in them, that’s why organizations want to build long-term relations with their employees and build basic characteristics of employees & want to retain them
|With HR Department
|Without HR Department
|Problems in Recruitment
|Solving Employee Problems
|Utilizing hidden abilities
|Wrong Job allocation
|Lower Personnel Productivity
|Compensation and Benefits
|Zero Training & Improvements
|Lack of Trust in Business
|Right Person at Right Job
|No Talent acquired
Importance of Human Resources Management – HRM
As employees are considered the most important asset of an organization. So organizations invest their time and money in them in the form of Training and Development. Training is to improve the Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes of employees for the short-term, particular to a specific job or task. E.g. skills and technical training, Counselling, Coaching, and Employee Orientation.
Development is to prepare employees/managers for future responsibilities while increasing the capacity to perform at a current job. E.g. Management Training (which includes the strategies for dealing with challenging situations and difficult employees and leading people with a variety of behavioral styles) and Supervisor Development (to utilize the available resources within the organization for the enhancement of management skills & knowledge of managers and supervisors.)
- Recruitment and Selection is the most important function of HRM. HR managers have to manage the process of recruitment and selection in a very effective way. They have to take separate Recruitment and selection methods to fill the top management and lower management posts. To fill the lower-level management posts, HR managers mostly follow the recruitment and selection process. But to fill up the top-level management posts, they follow up the “Succession Planning” approach in a wise manner. For this purpose, they take a keen interest in the organization’s
- The HR department is responsible for planning compensation and benefit plans for all employees in the organization. Human Resource Management proposes a market-based Compensation and benefits plan. In the long term, the HR department also determines the Bonuses, Incentives, Perks, Retirement plans, etc. to attract and retain the best employees of the organization.
- HR managers also deal with the employee’s health and safety program. They make measures and steps to ensure employee safety and provide a safe working environment.
- Conflict Management is also one of the most important functions of Human Resources. HR managers solved the issues that occur in an organization. Conflict may arise between employees or employees and managers. HR professionals who have trained in types of conflict management strategies play their techniques in negotiating and resolving conflicts.
- Employee Satisfaction is also one of the roles of the HR department. HR professionals by understanding Psychology in HRM resolve the issues or difficulties that employees face within an organization. They also play their roles in motivating the employees towards their jobs. So that the turnover rate can be reduced to a minimal
- The HR department is responsible to recommend the organization to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. It is also responsible for achieving its mission and vision. For this purpose, HR professionals try to align the organization’s goals with individual goals. So, in this context importance of HR for organizational success couldn’t be denied
- Personnel Management in HRM is also one of the important functions of HRM. The human Resource department measures the performance of employees on the basis of specific performance criteria. Performance measurement helps HR managers to monitor the performance of employees.
- The importance of the HRM department can be seen in compliance related issues in every class of organization. They ensure that the organization is following some acts like the Fair Labor Standards Act, Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.
Why is Human Resource Management Important – The Absence
- Staffing the wrong person at the wrong place and time with the wrong skills at the wrong
- The process of Job Analysis may be derailed
- The process of Training and Development will be stopped
- The turnover rate will be increased
- The compensation and Benefits Management System will wrongly be decided
- The conflict between employers and employees will be increased. As result, employees will be unmotivated and dissatisfied
- Difficult to achieve the organization’s mission, vision, goals, and
- The uncertainty of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Lack of innovation and unique talent in the organization
- The absenteeism rate will be high
- The absence of an ideal work environment
- Organizational culture will not be maintained
- Difficult for an organization to gain a competitive advantage or improve performance
- The uncertainty of labor and employment laws
- Inferior workforce
- Wrong succession planning and career paths
- The disorganized and unsystematic hiring process
As a result, HR is an essential part of an organization. The organization will be less successful without the HR department.
Lisa is a passionate travelers. She spends 3 months every year visiting different places worldwide. She has visited almost every famous place in the world. She herself is an affiliate blogger