The latest statistics of the Australian Bureau show that many Australians fail to understand the importance of Workers’ compensation claims. Figures indicate that the majority of Australians suffering from chronic diseases or at risk of being injured in a work accident, fail to protect themselves from temporary loss leading their financial security at risk.
In some cases, it also affects their ability to earn for their family. It is compulsory to apply for a worker’s compensation scheme in Australia to receive timely medical care and compensation. It exists to assist injured workers Australia-wide to recover from their injury. Depending on state laws, insurance companies provide reasonable payment to manage the losses.
Different types of injury that can occur at work
- Injured from a fall
- Repetitive Strain
- Injuries or illness due to hazarding chemicals
- Hearing loss
- Breathing problems
- Muscle injury
- Site accidents
- Damages caused by malfunctioning machines
The benefits entitled from Workers Compensation Scheme are –
- Get weekly payments on time off
- To cover loss of income
- To get medical care and treatment-related payments
- To include lost Superannuation facilities
- To get fast rehabilitation care
- Lump-sum payment in situations of disability
- To get salvage for all the damages of pain and suffering
What to expect
Some of the Worker compensation benefits start immediately, while the rest will take some time to get the claim. Some might even take months. You can collect workers’ compensation benefits if you become sick or injured on the job and want support to pay for medical expenses.
Your workers’ compensation depends on the state laws, where your claim is filed. The calculation of claims depends on different rules and regulations in different states. Click here and get a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Workers Compensation laws of Australia.
Process of Work Cover claim
There are several steps you might go through in the process of making a Workers’ Compensation claim –
- Report your workplace injury to your job employer who had hired you within 30 days.
- Also, take immediate help from the nearest medical center and discuss your situation with a doctor.
- Lodge for a workers’ compensation claim after your injury.
- Seek advice from experienced Workers’ Compensation lawyers.
When to seek legal help?
Hiring a knowledgeable lawyer to claim Worker compensation benefits is the best possible way to get maximum outcome. In situations where legal help is needed –
- Your claim’s been rejected
- Have problems in seeking timely payments
- Don’t know what to do next after an injury at your workplace
- Your employer is pressuring you to get back to work
- You’re not being paid correctly
- Your employer’s insurer is not paying for your treatment
- An employer is taking too long to respond to requests
- Your payments have been rescinded
- You want to know where you stand financially after your injury
Other than this, there are circumstances where a dispute arises between the insurance company and your employer. Getting support from specialized attorneys for workers’ compensation can help to resolve conflicts and give a push to your claim proceedings.
Even if you’re up against a major insurer, they know exactly how to help and make the law work for you and get what you are bound to receive as your right. Situations where you are on bed rest or in a hospital, it is helpful to seek a law firm that can continue to take care of your legal needs while your road to recovery.
Getting support from a legal firm will give you the best course of action to decide on the process of seeking compensation. They will be there throughout the entire lifecycle of your claim and also provide you with personalized legal advice. Call for a professional attorney and get tailored services to suit your needs.