One of the things that you might want to consider when starting a business is whether it would be better to create an Android app or not. If you’re still on the fence about this, the estimations are in for you developing an app gives your business more profitable!
Why you should Build an Android App
There are many reasons why you should build an Android app. If you’re looking to create an app and don’t want to go through the hassle and expense of coding it yourself, you might want to consider hiring an android app development company. There are a number of good ones out there, and depending on your needs, one may be better suited than another. Here are five of the most compelling:
- Increased Visibility and Reach: Android is one of the most popular mobile operating systems in the world, and there are millions of active Android users who are potential customers or clients. Developing an app for Android means that your business can reach a wider audience than you would otherwise be able to do.
- Increased Efficiency and Productivity: Apps offer increased efficiency and productivity for businesses of all sizes. By building an app, you can reduce unnecessary paperwork and administrative tasks, freeing up more time to focus on what’s really important – running your business.
- Reduced Costs and Time Required to Develop an App: Building an app generally costs less than developing a website or iOS app from scratch, which can save you time and money in the long run. Plus, by using an existing platform like Android, you can take advantage of established tools and resources that already exist in the market.
- Greater Control Over Your Application’s Appearance and Design: Apps offer greater control over the look and feel of your application than websites or iOS apps do. This means that you can create an app that looks and feels like a high-end product, regardless of your budget.
- Greater Flexibility in App Development: Apps are versatile and customizable, which allows you to tailor them to your specific needs and requirements. This means that you can make your app exactly the way you want it to be, without having to conform to any restrictive guidelines or conventions.
Facts about Android App Development
There are many facts why you should build an Android app, and here we’ll list some of the most important:
- Android is a huge market: Android is the biggest mobile operating system in the world, with more than 1.4 billion active devices in use. That’s more than twice as many devices as Apple’s iOS platform and almost four times as many as Windows Phone.
- Android app development is growing quickly: Android app development is growing quickly, with new opportunities opening up every day. The latest figures from Appcelerator show that there were 455,000 new Android apps created in 2016 – a 50% increase from the previous year. And this growth looks set to continue: Appcelerator forecasts that there will be 1 million new Android apps created every day by 2020.
- There’s plenty of opportunity for success: If you want to build a successful Android app, there are plenty of opportunities available – both at home and abroad. In 2017, Appcelerator announced that it had received investment from Google Ventures, valuing the company at $2 billion meaning that there’s plenty of investor interest in this rapidly-growing sector.
- It’s easy to learn and get started: Android app development is easy to learn and get started with. With the right tools and guidance, you can create your first app in just a few hours. And if you need help getting started, Appcelerator has a team of experienced developers available to support you every step of the way.
Pros and Cons of Building an Android App:
There are many pros and cons to building an Android app, depending on your reasons for doing so. The following are the main pros and cons of creating an app:
If you’re looking to increase the reach of your brand or product, developing an Android app can be a great way to do so. Not only will users have access to your app through Google Play, but they’ll also be able to find it on the app stores of various other platforms.
Developing an Android app is not cheap especially if you want to make sure it looks professional. This is because you need to invest in developing resources such as programming languages and development tools, as well as hiring a team of experts who can create a high-quality app for you. Additionally, marketing efforts may be required in order to get people interested in your app which could further add to its costs.
- Android apps can be built in a variety of ways, so there is no one correct way to do it.
- Android app development is not just about coding-you also need to understand the Google Play Store and the Android platform in order to build an app that will be successful.
- Before you start building your app, it’s important to know what type of app you want to create and who your target audience is.
- There are different types of Android apps, including games, social networking apps, productivity apps, and more. It’s important to decide which type of app you want to build before beginning development.
- Once you have a good idea of what you want your app to do and who its target audience is, it’s time to start designing it. You’ll need to consider both the look and feel of your app, as well as its functionality. You can also think about working with a mobile app design company. These firms have years of experience designing user-friendly apps that look great and work smoothly.
- Once your design is finalized, it’s time to start coding! Android apps are written in Java programming language, so if this isn’t your first language, it might not be too difficult for you to get started. However, if you’re new to programming or don’t have experience with Java, this might not be the best route for you either. There are many other languages available for writing Android apps well-so if Java isn’t your cup of tea, there are plenty of other options available for you!
Tools that are Needed for Building an Android App
In order to build an Android app, you will need a computer with a Google Play Store account, the Android SDK, and the Android Emulator. You can download the Android SDK here. Once you have downloaded and installed the Android SDK, open it up and follow these steps:
- Open the command prompt in your computer’s startup directory by typing “cmd” into the Start Menu search bar and pressing enter.
- Change to your android emulator directory by typing “cd android-emulator” into the command prompt and pressing enter.
- Type “android update SDK” followed by your platform version number (e.g., “android update SDK 24”) into the command prompt and press enter. This will download and install any missing updates for the Android SDK, which is required for building apps for different platforms (e.g., iOS, Windows Phone).
- Type “android create project <project name>” (without quotes) into the command prompt and press enter to create a new project in the SDK based on the template that is included with it (you can find more templates here). For this example, we will use an app called “My First App”. You will be prompted to choose an app name and location for your project files, so make sure that you give your app a good name that is catchy and easy to remember, like My First App! After creating your project, type “cd my-first-app” into the command prompt to go to the directory where your project files are located.
- Type “android studio” (without quotes) into the command prompt and press enter to open up the Android Studio IDE, which is used to develop Android apps. If you have not installed it yet, Android Studio will prompt you to do so now by asking where it should search for the Android SDK. Accept the installation offer and Android Studio will open up.
- Once you have opened Android Studio, you will need to create a new project by going to File -> New Project -> Android App and filling out the required information. In this example, we will name our app “My First App” and set it as a Java project. You will also be prompted to choose an application category and size for our app (e.g., Tablet or Phone), so make sure that you select the appropriate category and dimension for your app before clicking Finish. After creating your project, Android Studio will open up the MainActivity.java file, which is used as the starting point for all of our apps written in Android Studio.
Resources for Building your Android App
- Google Play Store: There is no doubt that the Google Play Store is one of the most popular app stores in the world. Not only does it offer a wide variety of apps and games, but it also has a very large user base. In order to make sure your app is successful on the Play Store, you will need to ensure that your app meets all of the guidelines set by Google.
- App Indexing: One of the most important factors when it comes to ranking an app on the Play Store is app indexing. App indexing is a process by which Google discovers and ranks apps in its search results. If you want your app to be discovered by potential users, then you will need to make sure that it is indexed by Google.
- Ratings and Reviews: Another important factor when it comes to ranking an app on the Play Store is ratings and reviews. If potential users have positive ratings and reviews for your app, then they are more likely to download it. Additionally, if you have a high rating and review count, then you are likely to appear higher in search results when people type in keywords related to your app.
- Paid Apps vs Free Apps: Finally, one of the key factors when it comes to ranking an app on the Play Store is whether it is paid or free. Generally speaking, paid apps tend to rank higher than free apps on the Play Store. This is because people tend to trust paid apps more than free apps.
A happy mom, professional article writer, SEO practitioner, blogger, guest blogger & freelancer. She’s been in digital marketing since 2018. She loves reading books and spending time with her family.