Due to the current pandemic, many people have switched to online businesses. It is challenging as well, and due to a lack of proper guidance, they’re unable to grow an online business. These businesses require some basic strategies in order to expand their line of work.
When it comes to growing an online business, there is whole planning behind it. But there’s is no one best strategy that can assure the growth of your business. Something that works for one might not work for you.
Online businesses provide great freedom. Once your business is set and you are introduced to your targeted audience, you would in no time start making passive income! which means you’re making money even while sleep! isn’t that great?
Many people claim that they hate their jobs and are only working for a monthly paycheck. This is called playing safe or working safely. But you know when you start an online business, there is more room for risks and you cannot always play safe. After a bit of error, you’ll be able to know what works best for you and what doesn’t.
The benefit of doing online business
So, here’s a list of advantages that come with an online business:
- If you are working online, you can work from anywhere in the world. That means you can also work while traveling because you don’t need to be physically present anywhere! As long as you have your computer and internet access it does not matter where you are.
- There is unlimited income potential in working online. There’s always room for more and you can always increase your income by changing one or adding a few things.
- Through working online, you can provide a great range of customer service. Your services being available 24 hours a day provide your business with customers that trust you and can rely on you for help or support regarding any matter.
- There’s a trend of purchasing established businesses and websites. Online businesses prove to be an asset, when you need profit you can easily sell your business to other people.
- Unlike most businesses, these online ones take lesser time and effort to get started. Also, they are far more profitable than any other mode of business.
Ideas for making passive income through online business in 2020
There are a thousand ways to make an online living. These ways of creating a good passive income by putting in little time and effort can prove to be very profitable in the long run.
Here’s a list of some common ideas to start an online business:
- provide services as an eCommerce app developer
- buy and sell the domain
- start a consulting business
- become a freelance writer – Follow Tutorial and you may need these skills
- start building websites
- write and publish an ebook on amazon
- start affiliate marketing
- dropshipping through Instagram
- start your blog and monetize it
- learn how to do Facebook advertising
- become a copywriter
6 Strategies to grow your online business
Let’s move to our topic of discussion, that’s 6 strategies to grow your online business. As I mentioned earlier, after some time of knowing, understanding and running your business, you will be able to know what works best for your business and what doesn’t.
1. Focus on target audience
Focusing on the targeted audience means that you streamline your content and services. The greater the quality of your visitor, the more they’re willing to spend with your business.
Many businesses make the mistake of targeting everyone and end up paying a lot more money for advertisements than they should have. Instead, playing ads for the right audience only will save you money and bring quality customers to you.
2. Use social media
Social media can be of great use while promoting your site or business. It allows you to get the attention of your targeted audience.
Once you set up your business page on any social media platform, the next step is to add posts daily. Adding relevant posts images and descriptions of your services or product really catches the eye of your quality customer.
Also, don’t forget to add social media buttons to your website. It can really help in highlighting your social media presence!
3. Choose a simple design layout
Choosing a simple design layout for your website with simple text is the key to go. People prefer simple graphics and tend to avoid sites with complex graphics.
Your color and graphics choices and the overall design layout of your website can affect the performance of your site.
4. Get more traffic from search engine
In order to get more traffic from search engines, you will have to learn some basic SEO. Search engines like Google are a source of traffic for many business websites.
For getting more traffic from search engines you will need content in the form of simple and well-written articles or information. This written content is then ranked on search engines like Google and gets more traffic for your website.
SEO is not very technical or difficult to understand but if you want, you can hire professionals who write SEO-based quality content that can help you get more traffic from search engines!
5. Hire a business analyst
Business analysts are professionals who do business analysis and provide you plans to grow your business while avoiding potential loss.
They help brands, businesses, startups, and websites to promote their product or services and in reaching their target audience.
They provide every kind of financial, technical, or web assistance. If your business is not growing or you feel stuck anywhere, you can try hiring or consulting a business analyst.
6. Improve performance of your website
Recent research shows that the average human attention span has dropped from 12 seconds to 8 seconds, which also leaves you with 8 seconds to get the attention of the viewer. Your content must be engaging in order to keep the visitor engaged.
Sometimes, sites take very long to load due to which people lose interest and move to the next one. There are many tools available that can help overcome your website’s speed issue, use them well!
Growth takes time. You have to put in efforts in order to make your online business grow and recognizable. Adopting these basic strategies will help to make the struggle period short!
Ameena is a chemistry student. She is a keen learner and a passionate writer. She loves writing on different niche and sharing her prowess as a writer.