Santander is UK based bank offering accounts, credit & debit cards, insurance, loan, mortgage, and investment opportunities. It provides a vast range of credit cards which include: Everyday Credit Card, All in one, World Elite, and Zero Credit Card.
Each of the card has different benefits to consumer & £0-£15 monthly fee.
Before you Apply
Say no to Interest
I or you or even any multi-millionaire in the world will not be willing to pay extra than consumed amounts. Bank Cards give short-term loans for a limited period. Yes, it is both with zero interest & high interest. It totally depends upon your payment decisions.
If you pay your credit card bill within 56 days of purchase, you are free to pay only consumed amount but you will be charged interest on a daily basis after the 57th day. Do it before time to build your better credit score.
Although, there is no interest-free period on balance transfer & ATM cash withdrawal transactions. Paying full credit on time can save you from extra overload.
Santander Charges for Using Abroad
Non-sterling Feefor purchases
Non-sterlingFee for cash withdrawals
|All in One||0%||0%||3%|
Late Payment Charges
Bank charges are £12 flat on late payment. You are free to pay the minimum payment mentioned in your card bill. You can pay using the phone, post, online banking, and through branch and direct debit option
It can take credit card bill payment automatically from your account with Santander group.
Steps to activate Santander Card
Activate Card by Call
Simply Dial 0800 9 123 123
Activate with Online Login
Online Banking is valid across your current accounts, savings, credit cards, Flexible Offset Mortgages, and Cash ISAs. You can Log on any time to:
- Make payments
- Check balances
- Set up free email and text alerts
- Manage your savings
- Ask questions
- Change your personal details
- Sign up for Retailer Offers and additional services
- Switch off paper statements for current accounts, for savings and credit cards
Manage your Credit Card with Online Banking and take care by screening transactions and statements, check your card details, make balance transfers, and handle direct debits.
To apply for a credit card, for example, we are applying for the Santander Ultimate cash back credit card:
- Go to Login page, create your account
- In the upper portion of the website there are some options, click the ‘Personal’ one.
- There will be a section called ‘credit cards’, after moving your cursor to it, you will be greeted with the three credit card options; click the one you want to apply for ( in this case Santander Ultimate cash)
- After clicking ‘Apply’ there will be two boxes to fill: State and Zip code
- Then fill in your personal information like:
- -First & Last Name
- -Date of Birth
- -Registered with bank Phone number/Mobile number
- -Email address
- -Permanent address
- -PIN (TPIN/Online Authentication PIN received on your phone)
- -SSN (Social Security Number)
- -Bank account number
- -The user name you want to set
- Before submitting, agree with the terms and conditions; then submit your application and wait for the evaluation.
- Once after signup with the bank, you will receive an email & telephone call/SMS by the bank to confirm your signup. After signup, simply Login
If you are a current, savings account or credit card holder, you need your
- Mobile phone and
- Debit or credit card or banking account number and
- Sort code
If you don’t have the above, call on Santander contact number 0800 9 123 123. If you have Business Banking accounts, call on 0800 731 6666 to sign up.
If you have a Santander mortgage but don’t have a savings account, current account or credit card, then you need to take a few steps to manage your mortgage online account. You need to follow the following steps:
- Enter your personal information
- Contact details
- Then enter Mortgage Account number
How to Sign Up for Online Banking
These services are thoroughly important and recommended for further comfort. You can get to transfer money, view various statements/transactions, and stay updated on bills and numerous other features.
When your application gets selected and you get your credit card, sign up for the services:
- Go onto their UK website and click Log on
- Below there will be an option for ‘Sign up’, go there
- There will be some requirements mentioned regarding debit/credit card numbers etc, after sorting them out go onto the ‘Continue’ option
- Then start filling out the information as it goes along.
- They require your personal details as always; make sure to write the correct information especially regarding numbers.