Probability is considered to be one of the most important chapters in the world of mathematics for kids and this is always linked with chances in life. This is considered to be the study of things that might happen or might not and in normal life; people are surrounded by different kinds of scenarios of probability which will ultimately allow them to have a better understanding of this particular concept.
Being clear about the concept of probability is considered to be very much important for the kids so that they have a very good understanding of the whole concept and can indulge in the right kind of combination of outcomes.
Real-Life examples of probability that will help in providing the children with a better understanding
- Weather forecasting is the most common example for the understanding of probability and the meteorologists will be utilising different kinds of tools and techniques to predict the weather forecast. They will also be based upon a historical database of the different kinds of days depending on different like to stick like humidity, pressure, temperature and various other kinds of things. Hence, this particular field is dependent upon the probability concept. Apart from all the above-mentioned points, it is also very much important for the kids to enrol themselves on platforms like Cuemath so that they can have a good command over the conditional probability, Bayes theorem, Probability and various other kinds of things very easily.
- Batting average into cricket is another very real-life example of the probability concept that will allow the kids to have a good understanding of this particular concept. Many kids are diehard fans of cricket and whenever they will be having a clear-cut idea about the concept of probability through cricket they will be better in terms of understanding things and will become successful in terms of academics and personal life.
- Politics is also based upon probability in terms of predicting the outcome of the result of elections. For example, there are several kinds of analysts who may predict that a certain political party will come to power depending upon the result of the exit polls.
- Flipping the coin or dice is another very real-life example of probability and this particular concept normally occurs before the starting of a particular match. In the cases of the coin, there will be two options tail or heads which will help in making sure that there will be a 50% chance of both of them. Hence, being clear about the probability in this particular area is another very important thing so that kids can help each other and develop a good understanding of the concept.
- The probability concept is also used in the insurance world because in this way people will be analysing the best possible plan of insurance that will help in suiting their needs. People are getting a lot of options in the world of insurance and utilising the concept of probability is considered to be very much important for them so that they can understand things perfectly and can make prudent decisions in their life.
- The overall concept of lottery tickets is also based upon the probability concept because in the typical lottery game every player will be choosing six distinct numbers from a vertical range and the result will always be dependent upon the probability of happening the winnings.
- The game of playing cards is also based upon probability and this is considered to be the most important real-life example that will help in developing a good amount of understanding in the minds of kids. The probability of picking up the ace from the deck of 52 cards will be 4/52 and so on. Hence, whenever the kids will be clear about all these kind of things they will become successful in terms of understanding the probability very easily.
Ayesha completed her Doctor of Philosophy in Biochemistry and started her career as a College Lecturer in 2013. Today, she’s a happy mom of 2 Kids in the field of digital marketing. She loves reading books, spending time with her family, and making delicious food for her husband.