Every minute in this globe, business revolutionists are launching new business ventures. Booming startups and successful businesses have been the first choice as a career of the majority of the masses rather than jobs.
Moreover, the revolution in the online business world connected the customers to the marketer globally. This century is blessed with customers of all ages. Random scrolling on social media provokes every other person to shop whatever they want or they don’t.
Today’s problem is more about the choice of the customer instead of purchasing power of the buyer. For one single item, the buyer would have multiple options. But buyer always goes for that brand which is known for its quality.
Here the question arises, how buyer knows the brand is already famous or known without experiencing that brand and without acknowledgment of people’s review. The answer is simple that you will be familiar with the logo of the company whether you don’t have personal experience of the company brand.
Why does your business need a logo?
- It is a source of first-hand communication to potential customers. It reveals your identity. It tells customers what benefits you offer to the potential customers, who you are, what product you sell or what services you provide.
- It fosters brand loyalty and represents your vision. Eye-catching logos accelerate potential customers to at least look or buy from you.
- You need a logo for the business because logos imprints on your product, business cards, advertisements, flyers, website, and social media.
- Once your brand is started recognizing, the logo will be imprinted in the minds of people. It works as a foundation of your brand identity.
- Powerful logo icons help in striving your business. It creates an association between the company and customers and reduces a huge marketing budget.
Another problem that is more related to entrepreneurs is the strategy followed by them is that they are less focused on the logo of their company.
Common attributes that one usually has before starting a business
- He/she think about the brand of the company.
- He/ she think about the name of the company.
- He/she think about the estimated or required amount for investment.
- He/she think about marketing strategies for the promotion of the brand via social media sites.
As far as the above requirements should be fully filled, one should pay equal attention to the logo of the company. But silent majority doesn’t want to waste expenses on the logo while starting their business or keep a negligible amount for it.
Don’t you think it is an atrocious perception towards their business? Furthermore, some of them spend a certain amount on company logos mishandle their budget by doing simple though noteworthy mistakes.
Common blunders in logo making
- Some people download free logo-making apps on an android. They select a random icon that matches the brand, then they add the company name and publish it.
- Some people take help from free logo websites and make logos of the company by using already made icons.
- Some of them hire unprofessional designers at low rates to save money and time.
- Some people copy logos of famous companies when the customer sees a logo that is copied from any well-known company then the customer spontaneously looks back on the original company. In this way, the original company gets more attention because duplicate logos indirectly advertise the original company, and your own company will not get a promotion.
These types of behavior can damage the image of your business because logos are as equally important as the quality of the brand is important. We can say that logos are the face of the brand.
Once a company brand becomes well known then it will be recognized by its logo.
What should a logo contain for Brand Recognition
Choose Impactful Typography
If you keep the logo simple or on the company name or initials of your company then your logo should be legible and clear. It should be readable from distance as well as near to your vision as it could be printed on business cards, letterheads, packaging.
It appears on screens, social media, and websites that’s why the logo needs to be readable and clear. Make sure color scheme, typefaces and letter spacing should be technically appealing and enthralling. We have examples like Philips, Adidas, Google, Lenovo, etc.
Choose Color Wisely
The selection of color depends on the brand you are selling. If your product contains furniture, sports goods, or men’s wear including footwear, watches other men’s related accessories then you need to be decent and simple in colors whereas brands for women and children seem more appealing when logos are colorful.
Electronic items selling companies usually have logos with the initial of their companies which have minimum colors. Restaurants and small food startups usually have icons related to the kitchen and food.
The most important thing to keep in mind is mostly colors look different on screen and when imprinted. Solids’ colors are more powerful than gradients. Moreover, brands which are famous worldwide stick to simple color combination.
Choose Simple Icons
Keep the logo as simple as you can. Choose original artwork. Graphic elements, icons, or symbols must not be illustrated icons that can be used in a certain situation.
Makeover if you are hiring a graphic designer then he\ she must be professional and expert. Your selected icon distinguishes you from other completions. Moreover your selected icon compromises with the brand.
Different From Others
There is no. of companies selling same brands. What’s make you different from them is your presentation of the brand. If you are starting a business and the product that will be sold has already successful competitors then never try to make logos resembling that company. Make your own identity.
For example, you start fast food restaurant then don’t copy KFC or other fast-food restaurants. If you copy their logo then you will fail to make your own company image.