Since 1940, there are more than 30 jeep models designed by keeping buyer needs and requirements as a top priority. Jeeps are one of the most demanded vehicles in the US and company continuously upgrading their models.
Not everyone can purchase a new jeep, the same way; and not everyone is willing to keep using his old jeep. This brings the balance in demand and supply of used Jeeps. Ultimately; it develops the demand of Broker, Trader, Resellers, or Investors who buy old ones, modifies them, and sell on higher prices.
How to make money by buying old Jeeps and selling them at better prices?
You can buy anything if you have cash in pocket. Being a startup, always keep looking for good options to buy; Jeeps are not depreciated too much. You must expect a higher price compared to other used vehicles. Buyers always want to buy a ready-to-use vehicle. They do not want to visit the workshop and pay money for repairs. It is you who has to show them good conditioned and well-maintained jeep.
Get linked with some workshop and let them know about your startup to get rock bottom prices. Never buy any part from the workshop, they have already added their margin in pricing. Try buying parts yourself to save a few more bucks.
How to buy parts at cheap prices
- Initially, get a list of parts that are repairable and which must be replaced.
- Find promotional campaigns for replaceable parts
- To build your longer relation with the customer, always use the best options
- Check different company’s parts, read customer’s reviews. You can get unbiased reviews about steering stabilizers on jeepequipment.com
- After checking and buying things, let the mechanic do his work
- After mechanical work, focus on appearance i.e., denting, removing scratches, lights and things that are seen
- All this process will take some time and it must be done because Logically, being a buyer – no one will pay for less maintained or poor conditioned
- Keep noting each penny you pay in all these processes to find the accurate cost per project/unit
Best 6 ways to find a buyer
You are ready to sell but who will buy it? Finding a good buyer is the most important thing. There are many easy ways you can do like
- Social Media Advertisements, like Facebook ads, Instagram, etc
- Advertising in local newspaper and magazines
- Joining Different vehicle dedicated forums
- Posting your vehicle photos on different buy-sell websites
- Travel and Vehicle Lover’s Facebook groups are also powerful
- Telling your neighbors and friends about your “Jeep for Sale”a
By doing all these, you shall start receiving queries for pricing. Many will want to visit you and take a test drive.
Finding and turning the prospect into the client is the most important task in every business. Here you need to be a good salesman who knows everything about what he/she is selling. It’s all about dealing. If you are not good at convincing or selling, sell it using a different angle, you can also find a trader/broker who will charge a commission on sales. The other way is to contact a trustworthy used vehicle selling showrooms.