When appearing for competitive exams like SBI Clerk, the amount of effort you put in your pre-exam preparation process can make a huge difference. Candidates should focus on working hard and create a preparation strategy that will help crack the examination.
The final merit list of candidates is prepared according to performances in the SBI Mains exam. Only those candidates who qualify for the Mains exams are called for an interview.
This makes it essential for candidates to give their best to get qualified for the further selection process. Taking up the SBI Clerk mock test can help candidates get a grip of the different sections.
SBI Clerk Section-wise preparation
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
- This is a scoring section and can help you increase your overall exams in the Mains exam.
- A part of this section consists of puzzles and arrangement-type questions. Make a habit of solving a few puzzles every day to build concentration, enabling you to solve in less time.
- Major focus areas for Reasoning include Input-Output, Coding-decoding, Critical Reasoning, and decision-making.
- For computer aptitude, you need to have basic knowledge of computers and learn shortcuts on MS word, MS Excel, LAN, etc.
General/ Financial Awareness
- This section comprises questions about the Banking Industry, the Indian Economy, and Current Affairs.
- Candidates should study Current Affairs regularly to stay updated.
- Even if you have strong English language basics, taking up mock tests keenly will help you score well in your Mains exams. For those who are weak in this area, hard work and patience will help them master the language.
- Focus on some of the major topics such as comprehension, spot the error, multiple phrase replacement, etc.
- Read newspapers, magazines, or novels, which will help you know how to build sentences and more.
- Revise and practice shortcut tricks for quantitative aptitude.
- Practice simple questions from Series, data sufficiency, data interpretation which will help you score maximum in this section.
- Give mock tests which will help you in managing time.
Few Tips to Prepare For SBI Clerk Mains Exam
- Adopt a Section-wise Approach
From the year 2018, SBI has introduced a new pattern of exams which has made preparation easier. For each section, time is allotted, and you can create a study plan based on these to ensure all the sections are covered before your exam.
- Practice Previous Years Question Papers
Analyze your performance by solving previous years’ question papers. Candidates will know where they stand in their preparation and work on the difficult areas. To ace the examination, candidates should solve more and more questions from each section of the previous years’ question papers.
- Take Online Tests
When appearing for your mains exam, your focus should be to maximize scores in each section. Apart from practicing several previous year’s question papers, candidates should also take up online mock tests. Giving the SBI Clerk mock testwill help the candidates understand what type of questions are asked in the exam.
Candidates need to give mock tests as often as possible, which will help them enhance their skills and increase speed and accuracy, which are essential aspects of clearing this exam.
It is the solution to success in any examination. The revision will help candidates remember the important formulas and current affair topics. Remember, you cannot retain all of the information, so focus on essential topics to revise before the exam.
It is tough to clear the SBI Clerk Mains exam, and candidates should put in a lot of effort. There is negative marking for every wrong answer, and so the preparation should be such that candidates can maintain accuracy for each question which will help them score good marks.
A happy mom, professional article writer, SEO practitioner, blogger, guest blogger & freelancer. She’s in digital marketing since 2018. She loves reading books and spend time with her family. Reach her on Email