The global market is getting faster day by day. Every second, science & technology is moving one step ahead is all because of great research work. On a domestic and international level, you can only survive if your research plan is better than your competitors.
Only a skilled manager can help the organization in better implementation of the researched strategies. Now, the question arises why research is important? How it is significant for the managers? Reading it will give you a deeper and better understanding of the role of research in the life of a manager.
Research is the way of investigating systematically to collect new knowledge. It includes multiple steps like observations, questions, searching the literature, hypothesis, experiments, data collection, surveys, sharing results, developing interpretations, and conclusions.
Research work is conducted on both academic and professional levels. Mostly it is represented in a statistical format. Every field has a different type of research work. It could be a cross-sectional study or a longitudinal study.
Some fields require only observations and others require physical implementations. A research result also varies from person to person, country to country.
Many scholars spend their lives in this field to come up with authentic researches that become beneficial on the global level. Timothy Berners-Lee, Stephen Hawking, Jane Goodall, James Watson, Noam Chomsky are a few examples of revolutionary researchers.
Importance of Research
There is huge growth in a field reached from past decades. No one can deny the importance of research. Research is essential for every individual and as well as huge organizations. Whether it is science, technology, education, medical, astrology, automobiles, electronics, social media, marketing, or name any field it is developing day by day due to big efforts in the research plan.
Some Random Examples of Researches
In the field of biomedical, scientific experiments are conducted on different medicines. Clinical research is conducted on a daily basis to find diagnosis methods of different diseases and to find prior prevention methods of different viruses.
Product Based Research
Every brand performs market research before launching its product. Brands search for, need & want of customers. They conduct a market survey to know about the product demand, for setting the price, and also for product placement. Conducting customer satisfaction surveys and taking client feedback is a part of a research process that helps companies to improve their brand and market reputation.
Entrepreneurs are the people who come up with new business ideas. Even before they design, launch and run their business they conduct a large number of research so they become successful in that respective field.
Every restaurant wants to be the best in their town. Their management conduct different researches to find out what kind of food is loved by the general public. What new recipes they can introduce. What are the most rated dishes are? This kind of survey helps them to perform better than other restaurants
Research is also conducted on the government level to understand the need and wants of the people. What are the new policies and strategies they should implement in the future and also improve their weak departments?
Some Key Significance of Research is:
- A good research work helps to understand the difference between the profits-lose, success-failure.
- High-quality research provides knowledge and understanding of all do and don’ts.
- It is the backbone of every successful business.
- It is significant for sustainability in the market and to compete with competitors.
- It also reduces the chance of error, mistakes and most importantly from uncertain losses.
Role Research in a Manager’s Life
Every organization conducts research programs to train and educate the managers. Improving research management on a daily basis is really fundamental. In a business, whether it is financial management, marketing management, or human resource management, they all need to be well researched in their respective work.
Managers are the role models. Being well-researched is the quality of a good manager. Their motivating, charming personalities set the goals for the employees who work under them. When employees observe their managers conduct research before implementing any work it also increases their work engagement and when the whole working staff is also involved in the research process it increases the company’s success.
According to many international surveys, it is concluded, managers who do research work, tend to have more success rates rather than those who don’t research. A manager saves the company from the chance of losses.
Example of Gillette razor
Gillette is a successful American brand. It has features of safe cutting-edge technology. It has well research managers which makes these brands far ahead of other brands. Every year they conduct market research projects for global Gillette Corporation of proctor & gamble which show their quality of work.
Apple management conducts hundreds of research work before launching their iPhones, iPod’s and watches. Every year they research hard to make their brand design, features, and applications differ from other competitors.
Microsoft Researches also
Microsoft was founded in 1975. It runs the world because of its amazing windows. There is no match for their research which makes them the number 1 operating system all around the world.
How research is important for Managers
- It improves the manager’s skill-building approach.
- Valuable in achieving company objectives.
- It makes easy to be more innovative and come up with different new ideas.
- Well researched work helps managers in the decision making process.
- Increase chances of achieving goals & targets.
- It is the best tool to understand companies problem
- Helps is solving multiple issues that occur on different levels.
- It builds confidence within the manager and even the whole organizational environment becomes positive
- Managers have a direct significant impact on their subordinates. The more the manager is active it will motivate the employees
- In case of any problem, the manger always finds the alternative solution to come out of that problem.
- Creates brand impact on customers’ minds.
- Beneficial in understanding the market ups and downs,
- Significant in making brand impact much better than competitors.
- Market research leads to the best ad making strategies.
- It helps in leading to company towards betterment.
- It is the source of manager’s career development and personal growth.
- Well researched manger is also a source of inspiration for other employees.
Hence, no one can deny the role of research in a manager’s life. Research is important from bottom to top-level management. It would be no wrong if we call fully researched work, the second name of success. Managers who conduct research lead their organizations toward a successful future.
Filza Taj has completed her MPhil in Human Resource from Kinnaird College. She loves sharing her knowledge and subject expertise with others. Crafting words that bring the most value to the readers stay her utmost priority. she loves writing about different niche.