While there are a few differences in dealing with customers in the B2B and the B2C business models, the underlying message is the same: your customers want to be treated right. And the first step to treating your customers the way they deserve is to learn how to communicate with them properly.
While there are many ways you and your employees can work on improving customer communication, that isn’t enough in the modern business world. If you want to make your job easier and your customers happier, you should use some proven tools.
Let’s take a look at some of the best customer communication tools for B2-B businesses.
Right off the bat, everyone knows that most customer communication happens through customer service. This department is responsible for answering questions, addressing complaints, and creating an amazing experience.
Seeing as how 80% of B2B business purchases are impacted by a client’s customer experience, you need to work on providing the best possible customer service. Of course, one part of creating that amazing service is training your support team, but the other is using helpdesk software.
You may be wondering, what is a helpdesk platform? This is a tool that is used by support teams in both B2B and B2C companies and is focused on incoming messages as well as improving one-to-one communication.
Helpdesk software comes with some amazing features such as:
- Collaboration. With the use of things such as internal notes within the software, your customer conversations will go much more smoothly, regardless of how many people are involved in the call.
- Reporting. Helpdesk software comes with a feature that helps you create reports and shows you what areas need to be improved and which areas you’re excelling with. This excellent feature can help you create an amazing support strategy.
- Task automation. With this tool, you will be able to automate certain manual tasks such as assigning customer conversations, which will make your agents much more productive.
If you take a look at the cost and benefits of customer service automation, you will see that investing in helpdesk software is a smart business decision.
Everyone in the business world knows the importance of social media, but when it comes to the B2B model, there is one social media platform you shouldn’t ignore. And that platform is LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is the only business-oriented social media platform and is full of businesses and professionals who are looking to make connections. As much as 89% of businesses in the B2B niche use LinkedIn for lead generation, but this is also a great place to talk with your leads and clients.
However, bear in mind it’s not easy to master this specific platform and you need to put in a lot of hard work and effort if you want to make the right connections in a short amount of time. Using LinkedIn marketing automation tools is a good way to make this whole process easier.
Here are just a few features you will get with this type of tool:
- Smart search. You can use a keyword search to find your target audience and talk to the people who you believe would be ideal for partnership.
- Research and scrape. With the use of keywords and filters, you will be able to collect data on companies you find interesting as well as manage connections.
- Set up interactions with your target audience. You will be able to view your target accounts, comment and like the content they post, send them invitations, and much more.
Email Marketing Software
Even though many people think that an email is an outdated form of communication, it is still widely used in the business world. And if you want to make your email marketing strategies more effective, quicker, and bring in higher ROI, you can automate almost the entire process.
Nowadays, it’s almost impossible to create a successful email marketing campaign without some kind of software. Automation will help you create and send out newsletters, track your campaign’s results, keep in touch with your customers, and much more.
But one of the best features of email marketing software is that it allows for simple personalization. Today’s customers want to have a personalized approach, and if you cater every email you send to the recipient, it will be much easier to create better and stronger connections.
There are a lot of good B2-B businesses out there, but the difference between a good and a great business is how they treat their customers and communicate with them. If you don’t have the right communication strategies, you won’t go too far.
The strategies businesses are using only do so much before they realize they need some additional help. And that is where the customer communication tools we talked about here come into play.