In the never-ending debate of Apple Vs Samsung, Nvidia Vs AMD, Pepsi Vs Coke, DC Vs Marvel, Nike Vs Adidas. You would be wondering how come a debate between Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro even started? Honestly speaking, when it comes to Apple, it doesn’t simply remain a question of which one is better but the question becomes which one is the BEST?
After witnessing the top-notch specs of Apple MacBook Air and Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch any layman would be confused between them and after the launch of Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, the decision has become a lot harder. Therefore, in this topic, we are going to end this debate once and for all.
Perks of buying a MacBook for a student
- Recently, Apple has announced a give-away of air pods for Students, and their parents whenever they buy a MacBook. https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/back-to-school
- Likewise, Apple has announced a $400 discount on MacBook that is used for Educational Purposes.
Now without further ado, let’s proceed to our main topic, “Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro.”
Apple MacBook Air Display Vs Pro Display
- Apple MacBook Air gives a display of 13.3 inches with a resolution of 2560×1600.
- Similarly, Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch has the same display as MacBook Air i.e. 13.3 inches supported with a resolution of 2560×1600.
- The display of Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch has been given a huge boost from a general 13.3 inches to 16 inches supported with a resolution of 3072×1920. Now that’s awesome, isn’t it?
Result: Regarding display, MacBook Pro 16-inch takes the cake.
Air CPU Vs Pro CPU
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) supports a CPU of 10th generation, Core i3 with a 1.2 GHz.
- Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch (2020) supports a CPU of 8th generation, Core i5 with a 1.4GHz which is better than MacBook Air.
- The processor speed of Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch (2019) is 2.6GHz supported by a CPU of 9th generation, Core i7
Result: Both MacBook Pro> MacBook Air.
Air RAM Vs Pro RAM
- The default RAM of MacBook Air is 8 GB, and it can be upgradable to 16 GB, which according to me, is more than enough.
- Same is the case with MacBook Pro 13-inch. It has 8 GB of RAM but upgradable to 16 GB.
- MacBook Pro 16-inch has an initial RAM of 16 GB and allows you to upgrade up to 32 GB or even 64 GB. More the merrier!
Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro Result: MacBook Pro 16-inch takes the lead.
Air Storage Vs Pro Storage
- MacBook Air provides storage that is upgradable up to 1 TB.
- MacBook Pro 13-inch also provides the same storage that is upgradable up to 2 TB.
- But MacBook Pro 16-inch provides the storage up to 8 TB!
Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro Result: Definitely MacBook Pro 16-inch
Air Graphics Vs Pro Graphics
- The integrated GPU used in MacBook Air is, “Intel Iris Plus.” Not that pretty, right?
- The integrated GPU used in MacBook Air is, “Intel Iris 645.”
- The beast is yet to come.
- The integrated GPU used in MacBook Pro 16-inch is, “AMD Radeon Pro 5300M (4 GB)” Which is absolutely a beast in Gaming.
Result: MacBook Pro 16-inch takes the crown.
Air Battery Vs Pro Battery
- MacBook Air can last up to 9:30 hours without doing anything intense i.e. wireless web-surfing.
- Whereas, MacBook Pro 13-inch can last up to only 6:30 hours which is not much pretty when it is compared with MacBook Air.
- Meanwhile, MacBook Pro 16-inch has a battery time of almost 11 hours which is in a league of its own.
Result: MacBook Pro 16-inch>MacBook Air>Pro 13-inch
Air Weight Vs Pro Weight
- MacBook Air weighs around 2.8 pounds which is equal to 1.2Kg. When it comes to lightweight, there is no better option than MacBook Air.
- MacBook Pro 13-inch weighs around 3.1 pounds which is equal to 1.4Kg.
- The weight of MacBook Pro 16-Inch is about 4.3 pounds which means 2Kg.
Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro Result: Finally, MacBook Air triumphed.
MacBook Air Price Vs MacBook Pro Price
This is one of the most important factors that you should look out for when buying a MacBook.
- The price of MacBook Air is $999 which can be considered cheap, as compared to others.
- The price of MacBook Pro 13-inch is $1,299.
- MacBook Pro 16-inch has a price of $2,399.
Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro Result: MacBook Air wins.
Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro 13-inch
After observing all the specs of both MacBook, it would not be wrong to say that MacBook Pro 13-inch is simply an over-hyped MacBook with almost the same specs as MacBook Air but of course, at a high price than MacBook Air. So, if you are a student or a person with a small business then MacBook Air is more than enough for you. Simple tasks like web-surfing, emailing, picture editing, playing low-end games can be done with little to no effort on your MacBook Air.
Result: MacBook Air wins.
Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro 16-inch
If you are a person who needs to develop software or play some high-end games or used to edit videos and photos. In short, if you are a power user then MacBook Pro 16-inch is the laptop you should be looking for. It is the best performance MacBook which you can get but at the highest price.
Result: MacBook Pro 16-inch wins.Conclusion
To sum up, if you are a college student and have a limited budget, and you are looking for a MacBook with affordable price and good performance then you should definitely go for Apple MacBook Air. If the price is not an issue for you, and you want a MacBook with the best performance then you should go for Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch. This sums up the debate of Apple MacBook Air Vs MacBook Pro.
So, what’s your take on this battle?