A status symbol, the American express gold card, offers benevolent rewards and privileges to superior credit people. It allows traveling with exclusive worldwide benefits. American express gold card is a charge card (paying bill in full per month).
Card approval requires superior credit and from the second year of account opening, starts assessing a $160 annual fee. In return there is a range of rewards received, for example, 2 points / $1 spent and the discount on the modest hotel.
Types of American Express Gold Card
There are two major types of American Express Gold Card.
American Express Gold Card
Benefits Of The American Express (Amex) Gold Card:
One of the best cards with fringe benefits is the AmEx gold card. The privileges offered are discounts on dining, traveling, and shopping. As a cardholder few of the benefits awarded are:
- Lifestyle rewards: On spending $ 3500, a voucher of $ 100 can be saved.
- Travel Benefits: almost 8 visits (free) per year to the domestic lounges of Premier Club. Receive discounts on Hertz and Avis car rentals.
- Hotel Privilege: Around 400 participating hotels in over 30 worldwide countries. Upon staying two nights or more, receive up to US$75 in hotel credit. Room upgrades at hotels, Wi-Fi, Early check-in and late check-out.
- Annual Fee: No annual fee for the first year, whereas $160 from the second year.
Amex Gold Card And Credit Score Requirement:
Being a status symbol and rewards and privileges offered, American express gold card has a higher credit score. The estimated requirement for the credit score is 720 to 750. It is absolutely right to say that this is a very superior standard to meet for a credit card to own. To own an American Express gold card, the only requirement is to have a lot of money to get the highest credit score.
American Express Premium Reward Gold Card
Benefits Of The American Express (Amex) Premium Reward Gold Card
The rewards rate of the premier rewards gold card is one of the prominent among Amex cards.
- Travel Benefits: Cardholder gets 3 points per $1 spent on flights booked directly with airlines. But no airport lounge membership.
- Lifestyle Rewards: 2 points per $1 spent at supermarkets, gas stations, and restaurants; and 1 point per $1 on everything else.
- Introductory offer on MRP: Cardholder earns 25,000 Membership Rewards Points (MRP) after using the new card to make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Hotel Privilege: Upon staying two nights or more in AmEx hotel collection, receive up to US$75 in hotel credit. Room upgrades at hotels, Wi-Fi, Early check-in, and late check-out.
- Annual Fee: No annual fee for the first year, while $195 from the second year.
Amex Premium Reward Gold Card And Credit Score Requirement
As we read earlier that American express gold cards have a higher credit score. The typical requirement for the credit score for Amex Premium Reward Gold Card is 700 to 750. To own an American Express card, the major requirement is to have a lot of money to get the highest credit score.
Comparison Between Amex Premium Reward Gold Card and Amex Gold Card
|Features||Amex Gold Card||Amex Premium Reward Gold Card|
|Rewards Bonus||N/A||25,000 points|
|Rewards Rate pr $1||1 – 2 points||1 – 3 points|
|Annual Fee||1st year: no fee
2nd year: $ 160
|1st year: no fee
2nd year: $ 195
Both the types of American express gold cards are most prestigious with fringe rewards. Along with the traveling, lifestyle, shopping benefits the price of both credit cards is bit more higher. And the requirement for the credit score is also high for both the AmEx gold cards.
Danis Woods in Businessman, investment banker and stock exchange traders. On the same time he loves writing financial blogs to shed lights on different aspects that new and existing businessman are not aware of.